Alright, so the last few days have found my clients trying new things. Contact me if you’d like to try these out as well.
The first photos here show juices for six days of juice fasting. There are six 16-ounce jars. You drink eight ounces twice a day. Start with the first jar (the green one) on day one and progress through to the last jar on the sixth day. These are to be considered snacks along with a raw diet. Not to be a meal replacement.
The recipes contain the following fruits and vegetables. I’m also telling you what’s important about each ingredient.
– Collard greens: a lot of nutrients; great source of vitamins K, A, and C; high in fiber; works to cleanse the liver, pancreas, intestines (gross), and blood.
– Kale: good antioxidant; vits. K, A, and C and more; cleanses the pancreas, intestines, liver, and blood.
– Lemons: good antioxidant; cleanses kidneys and natural diuretic.
– Beets: cancer-fighting antioxidant; cleanses blood and liver; also an anti-inflammatory.
– Ginger: great for the gut and digestion; cancer fighter; anti-inflammatory and helps with nausea.
– Carrots: vits. A, E, K, and beta-carratine (good for those eyes!); source of natural magnesium
– Apples: some studies show that the phytonutrients in apples can help regulate sugar and are a good source of fiber; great source of flavonoids and cancer-figthing antioxidants; natural sweetener that tastes good.
Juice is best when first prepared, but will last up to three days when tightly sealed in a glass mason jar.
For anyone curious, here is a pretty neat site that tells a lot about juice fasting, juice, and raw eating. http://www.juicefasting.org/
During a detox cleanse, a great snack is raw almond milk.
So get out that VitaMix and follow this recipe: (all ingredients organic if possible)
– One cup of raw, organic almonds soaked overnight in purified water. I put mine in a bowl in the fridge.
– The next day, drain and put almonds in your VitaMix and cover with five cups of purified water.
– Add 3-5 Tablespoons of agave nectar for a sweeter almond milk and 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
– Blend until liquified.
– Strain through a nut-milk bag or cheesecloth into a mason jar.
– Last about five days and makes about three cups.
I’ll be back later this week with a great smoothie recipe and some other surprises. Feel free to post a comment or email me with any questions you may have. I love to talk to people about healthy eating and new recipes. Have a great week! tiffany