Hello all! I hope you all had a HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!! I made this new smoothie recipe last week and I wanted to share it with you! Please let me know what you think. Have a happy week~
Cashew, Peach, Green Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (makes about 16 ounces), ~305 calories per serving
- 1/3 cup cashews, unroasted and unsalted if possible
- 2 tablespoons of agave Nectar or 1/4 TEAspoon Stevia
- 1/4 cup peaches, frozen
- 1 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 handful (or ~1 cup) fresh spinach
- 4-5 ice cubes
▪ Fruit, including peaches, is loaded with fiber, which is crucial in a cleansing diet.
▪ Cashews are a great way to get your protein as an alternative to meat, fish and eggs. Protein is a key part of a well-balanced diet.
▪ Stevia or Agave Nectar: A better-for-you sweetener. Artificial sweeteners like Splenda often linger around in your bod gunking up the works. These sweeteners ultimately slow down your body’s healing and rejuvenation work.
Place cashews, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or your sweetener of choice), peaches, spinach and 1 cup of water with 4-5 ice cubes into a Vitamix (or good powerful blender) until smooth and creamy. Add an additional 1/3 cup of water and more ice if desired..