Hello all! It’s been a while since I have blogged. I am so sorry! December has been a busy month of juicing, creating beautiful food, and educating people on raw juice and raw gourmet food. I absolutely love this time of year! It’s a time where we reflect on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, spend time with friends and family, hang garland, decorate our Christmas trees, and give gifts with meaning. This Christmas I hope you are able to reflect on what is most important to you. May you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Blessings to you all!
I will leave you with this delicious, amazing hot chocolate with cinnamon recipe.
Warm Healthy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
1 C Almond Milk (see recipe below)
1-2 T Raw Cacao or Cocoa (to taste)
1 T Honey or Agave Nectar (more to taste)
Pinch of Cinnamon.
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Warm on the stove to around 118 degrees. ENJOY! =)
So get out that VitaMix or any blender and follow this recipe: (all ingredients organic if possible)
– One cup of raw, organic almonds soaked overnight in purified water. I put mine in a bowl in the fridge.
– The next day, drain and rinse almonds. Put almonds in your VitaMix or blender and cover with five cups of purified water.
– Add 3-5 Tablespoons of agave nectar for a sweeter almond milk and 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract. (Do not add sweetener if you are adding milk to hot chocolate)
– Blend until liquified.
– Strain through a nut-milk bag or cheesecloth into a mason jar.
– Refrigerate…… It will last about five days and makes about three cups.